Tue, Apr 19|
The eBike Centre
Electric Earth Day Canada 2022 Dealer Event
Join Canadians from all over the country, the week surrounding Earth Day, April 16-24, 2022 to accelerate the uptake of electrified vehicles by educating and providing hands-on experiences to the public. During this event, electrified vehicle dealers will host test-drive events!
Time & Location
Apr 19, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – Apr 22, 2022, 2:00 p.m.
The eBike Centre, 20 Estates Rd Apt 102, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4K7, Canada
About the Event
CELEBRATION THROUGH ACTION
iGO Electric is proud to partner with Earth Day Canada providing electric bike test-ride locations across Canada during their Electric Earth Day 2022 initiative. Competitions, Give aways, demos and tips at participating iGO Retail locations.
How to enter?
- Visit your Local Bike Store
- Test Ride any iGO Electric Bicycle and complete the entry form. You will be entered for a chance to win your choice of an electric bike from the iGO Discovery series (retail value $2,999) and can claim a free gift in store (while supplies last)
- Contest open to all store visoters between 16-24 April
Visit iGO website for more details: https://igoelectric.ca/pages/electric-earth-day-2022#ed_whatIs
ELECTRIC BIKES, YOU, AND THE ENVIRONMENT
What makes an iGO Electric Bike the best choice for the environment?
· Zero Emissions As electric bike is propelled by a combination of human power and battery power - with no reliance on gas or diesel to run - they release no harmful carbon emissions.
· Lower Carbon Footprint Using vehicles that do not emit carbon by-products is one of the best ways to ensure a greener environment as they are an effective tool in the struggle to reduce the effects of global warming. Studies have shown switching to electric bikes can reduce our carbon footprint by up to 50%*
· Infrastructure Repair As a lighter weight vehicle, the electric bike produces less wear and tear on a road surface (which is not the most eco-friendly substance). Less maintenance of the transport infrastructure not only lowers the costs of repair to the community but also reduces the use of the heavy machinery required to perform the repairs.
· Air Pollution Major city hubs have a problem with air pollution. In addition to the environmental effect of the pollution this smog can lead to respiratory and other health issues. Increased electric bikes use in built up areas can greatly reduce smog.
· Noise Pollution Noise pollution is more than a nuisance. Studies have shown that there are direct links between noise and health** Electric bikes are near silent. This benefits the rider and the community in general.
What makes an iGO Electric Bike the best choice for you?
· Efficient Mode of Transport Shorter journeys are more efficient on an electric bike than a car as the electric bike requires less power to travel the same distance (the electric bicycle has a more efficient power transfer). They can also access areas and require less space to maneuver making them a good way to relieve congestion around city hubs. An electric bike is not restricted to a schedule like a bus or train allowing the rider freedom to move where and when they want and at their own pace. The cost of an electric bike is much lower in the long run than either a car or public transport as charging the bikes battery is a fraction of the cost of using fuel.
· Increased Cycling Distance The average yearly distance traveled by an electric bike owner is more than the rider of a non electric bike. Electric bikes reduce muscle fatigue. They have extra power to get you to your location. They can travel quickly, with less effort and the rider can arrive sweat free. All of these are contributing factors that make an electric bike rider more likely to take their bike than reach for the car keys.
· Health Benefits The human power required to ride an electric bike is controlled by the rider. Any level of ‘work out’ is a benefit to the body and the exercise from riding an electric bike is substantial. It can improve cardiovascular health***, heart health as well as helping to improve general wellbeing, muscle tone, reduce stress and improve quality of sleep.
· FUN! Did we mention that riding an electric bike is fun? Almost seems too obvious to mention. Riding an electric bike puts a smile on your face. Test ride an iGO electric bike to experience this for yourself.